Saturday, January 1, 2011

After the Holidays

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I guess I didn't do as well as I'd have liked to during the holiday season when it came to blogging. I never did show off the other holidays projects that I crafted. If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see them now.

Sigh.... The holidays are so consuming that it's hard to address anything esle. Maybe I should add blogging more often to my New Year's resolutions...

Speaking of resolutions,have you written yours down yet? I haven't actually written them yet, I'm in the brainstorming phase right now. I am actually thinking of breaking my resoltions into categories so that I can keep them organized. I'm thinking, though, that if I do that then I have way too many resolutions and I'm thinking about this way too much! LOL!

Instead, I think I'll look at last years' resoltions to see how I've done with those. Okay, I had 4 resolutions:

1) Make more scrap quilts
2) Exercise more, eat better
3) Clean organize my spaces
4) Promote my book, Orphan Block Quilts

1) I did make some scrap quilts in 2010, just not as many as I would have liked.

2) As always, I began 2010 with this in mind, but it always seems to fall by the wayside.

3) I did clean my studio several times, but someone keeps coming in and messing it up -- throwing fabric around, leaving tools all over....

4) I did promote my book -- attended Quilt Market in Houston, submitted pieces to quilt magazines and actually had five peices accepted so far, had book signings and trunk shows.

Looking back, I'm not unhappy with how I did with my resolutions, although there is cetainly a lot of room for improvement.

I'm going to spend a little more time getting my resolutions together for 2011. There's really no reason to rush into deciding.

Good luck with your resolutions!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter