Monday, January 17, 2011

Bias Binding Rocks




Well, I made the bias binding for the Quilter's World project. I was quite pleased with the results. What do you think?

So, here's a question: Do you bind your quilts with straight grain binding or do you use bias binding?

I must admit that I use both, depending on the project. I particularly like striped bindings and when I do the striped bindings, I always make bias binding because I love love love the stripes on the bias -- it really adds an unexpected pizzazz at the edges. For most tablerunners and smaller quilts, I use straight grain binding, unless the project has weird points and angles (like this one). It's a good idea to use bias binding on baby quilts, throws, and bed quilts since they will receive a lot of handling and bias binding seems to hold up better to hard use than straight grain binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter