Thursday, January 27, 2011

When I Grow Up

I've decided that when I grow up, I want to be a fabric designer. WAIT! I AM a grown up. Do you know what this means???

This means you can change your mind about what you want to be when you are a grown up. Hmmm. What an earth-shattering discovery.

So, anyway, I've been trying on the fabric designer hat. I've been looking for inspiration in my stash of antique and vintage blocks. I've been doodling and scribbling. Not very successfully, may I add. I will actually have a temporary light table now, which will make things much much easier. I mean, how long can you stand and draw with your arms up and your papers taped to the glass sliding doors in the dining room?

A simple light box: Your acrylic sewing extension table with a very cool battery-powered light under it. VIOLA! A light box.

If you're not going to design fabric, you might still need a light box. You can use it to trace templates or quilting motifs.

Well, here's to grown ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter