Monday, December 13, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened....

Well, I discovered a new and exciting experience on my way to my trunk show and book signing on Saturday. On my way to pick up my helper for the day (my niece, Meghan), my front driver's side wheel popped off, bounced across the road, and landed in a ditch! What a way to start my journey! FOrtunately, my cell phone was charged and I called my favorite auto mechanic (my Dad) to come fix me. He did and we were relieved that there was only a little bit of damage to my fender (from when the wheel jumped up). After a bit of a delay, I collected Meghan and we were finally on our way! I don't think I'll ever forget that trunk show and signing! Ha Ha!

Have you checked out the book reviews in the new issue of Fabric Trends magazine? Well, Mark wrote a wonderful review of my book, Orphan Block Quilts. Thanks, Mark!

By the way, I am still working on my Christmas projects and will have more photos soon. I even made new fleece jackets for my two dogs, Gizmo and Poohka. Gizmo's jacket is royal blue with white buttons and Poohka's is red with black buttons. I didn't realize until after I had finished them that they now look like DOnald Duck and Mickey Mouse! Oops, sorry, boys! I am thinking about making some little felt toys for my cats too (with catnip, of course)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter