Monday, March 7, 2011

New Project, New Month

Well, I am finally hand-sewing the binding down on the Star quilt that I was machine quilting last week. While I was finishing up the machine quilting, I decided that I wanted to make a brown and blue scrap quilt too. I was inspired to do this because I cut up some of the left over fabric into 2.5" strips. I found a design called "Boxed In" from the book, Let the Good Times Roll by Anka's Treasures. So I sorted my already-cut 2.5" blue and brown strips (from other projects) and cut some more to total 20 strips of each. Then I began cutting and piecing. It didn't take long to put the blocks together -- 20 blocks that will finish at 12". I decided not to add a border because the quilt is already 48" x 60" -- plenty big for a new throw for the living room. I am going to back this quilt with a piece of fleece and will quilt it in an allover design yet to be determined.





OH! I almost forgot -- I had another quilt design -- a bay quilt -- accepted by Quilter's World magazine for the October 2011 issue. I'm thrilled! If you want to see the quilt, you'll have to pick up a copy of the magazine this fall, so mark your calender!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter