Sunday, February 27, 2011

Internet Quilting Fun

The Internet never fails to amaze me whenver I use it. Whether I'm shopping.b logging, or surfing -- I'm alwasy in for a surprise.

A few days ago, I stumbled across a great quilting website: www.quiltinggallery.com

It's a great site full of lots of fun and information for quilters. There are even contests. On a whim, I submitted a quilt for the Colorful Modern quilt contest. Although I won't win the contest, I feel pretty pleased with myself to be in seventh place out of 43 quilts. So, I hope that you'll check it out. Maybe you'll even submit a quilt for one of the weekly contests. Or perhaps you might want to sponsor a contest with a prize.

There's lots of other great sutt there too including free patterns and even cooking. YUM! Oh, and over 4000 quilt bloggers around the world. Quilting is truly an international event.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I am very happy and relieved to report that I have finished quilting my class quilt. The binding is now ready to stitch down by hand. I will be posting a picture of it soon. It's not perfect, but I think it will turn out just fine. Remember done is better than perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter