Monday, June 21, 2010

Flea Markets






Have you ever gone to a flea market? My friend Cathey and I went to a flea market in Ohio recently. We took a load of items, including quilty stuff, to sell. We left home at 4:30 in the morning. Ugh. We were there early enough that we got a good space towards the front (near food and bathrooms). We set up and unfortunately, we were rained out. We left after 10 A.M. Only sold two items.

I did get a chance to walk around the flea market. I hadn't been to this one for a while so it was really interesting to see how other sellers set up their spaces. Some people just dumped stuff on tables, while other people arranged items very attractively. Items for sale included plants and shrubbery, minor antiques and collectibles, garage sale merchandise, food, some furniture, primitives, and lots of other stuff.

If you've never been to a flea market, you should try it. When I was a regular flea market goer, it wasn't unusual to find a vintage quilt top or quilt to buy. Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter