Saturday, March 23, 2013

QUILTERS NEEDED

Greetings Fellow Quilters!


I need your help. 

The library where I work, Cochranton Area Public Library, is in the process of building a new Library building.  Our current structure is aging and needs a lot of updates so the Library Board decided to build a new Library.

We have been doing fund-raising and have our big fund-raising event coming up soon.  We are hosting the first Cochranton Library Art and Textile Auction.  It will be held May 18th at the Meadville Elks Club in Meadville, PA.  So far, we've raised about $80,000 towards our goal.  We hope to break ground very soon.

I am helping with the Auction.  My task is to arrange for Quilt and Textile donations.  Please note that this is a juried auction and all items will be selected by the Jury Board for inclusion in the Auction. 

Would any of my Blog followers or friends care to donate a piece to the Auction to help us raise money to build our new Library?  The deadline to submit items is April 15th if you want to be included in the catalog.

I am looking for quilts in  clean condition that are either a traditional design or an original design (please, no published patterns unless you have permission from the designer).  Sizes can range from miniature to bed size.  Styles can be from traditional to art quilt. Quilts must be well-made and not purchased from a Big Box Department store.

If you are interested in donating an item to help raise money to build a new community library, please either email me at:  littlequilts@windstream.net OR you can mail items to:

Tricia Maloney
Cochranton Area Public Library
PO Box 296
107 West Pine Strret
Cochranton, PA 16314

If you are shipping a donation, please let me know so that I can expect it.  Also, please include your contact information, including an email address so that I can contact you.  If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks for supporting our library.

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter