Thursday, March 14, 2013

BLOG HOP DAY 7 -- LAST DAY

Greetings Everyone!

Today is the last day of Quilting Gallery's Blog Hop.  How many blogs did you hop too?  Me, not very many considering that there were around 200 participants.

Anyway, you have until midnight tonight to leave a comment on the daily blog in order to be registered to win a copy of my book, ORPHAN BLOCK QUILTS.  As the number of comments has reached over 100 now, I am also going to give away two magazines featuring my quilts.  Fun!  Good luck everyone!  Also, I'd love love love it if you'd become a follower.  When my new book comes out in July, I'm planning to do some giveaways and such -- you don't want to miss that, do you?

Now let's talk about quilting style.  Recently it's been on my mind.  A friend of mine, Gaynel (who is one of the finest long arm machine quilters by the way) told me about a week ago that she opened up a magazine and saw a quilt that she immediately recognized as one of my designs before she'd even read the designer's name.  This really got me thinking.  What exactly IS my style as a quilt designer?

A day or two ago, my favorite magazine editor mentioned that she really liked my style so I emailed her back and asked her what she saw my style as.  I've always thought of myself as "eclectic" although I'm not really into applique veru much (I do admire it, but I don't really have the patience for it).  Carolyn emailed me back and this is what she wrote,  "I think of your style as tradition with an eye for simple lines...I think you make every effort to display the beauty of the fabrics and
create designs that quilters are confident they can tackle."  She definitely nailed how I approach designing, but now I have to come up with a name for it. 

Until tomorrow, when I announce two lucky winners -- one for the book and one for the magazines!  Now I'm off to hop a little bit more!  Maybe I'll see you!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed hopping around - I think I got to over half of them!
    Thanks for a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only 'hopped' to blogs that I already follow. I'm usually behind in my blog reading, and don't need to 'venture' out to that many other blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter