Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Off and Running

Whew -- it's been a busy year already.....and it's only begun! I just finished writing the patterns for my most current Quilter's World projects for the August 2012 issue as well as 2 pillow projects for an upcoming House of White Birches pillow project book (not sure when this will be out). I love designing for magazines and project compilations, but it sure is time consuming -- and I'm not just talking about making the project!

I've also been doing more research for my new book project which has a Russian theme. Although I do not speak Russian, I've been slowly translating some documents! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have to.

I'm even working on a couple of new quilt fabric collections too.....

Oh, did I mention that I'm still working on getting my first online quilt class set up too? I think I'm finally in the homestretch now! More on this later.

Ah, yes, I did promise to share photos of some Chrismtas gifts that I made for my two BFF's, Leslie and Cathey. Here they are:

I bought the two miniature tea cups (which were glued to their saucers) at a flea market and thought they'd make darling pin cushions!

The two pieces of fabric are my very own attemps at hand-dyeing a yard of fabric using shibori techniques. They really turned out well and both Cathey and Leslie were thrilled -- can't wait to see what they do with them.

The last photo is of the three of us -- aren't we cute? I'm the tall one in the middle (ha ha -- I'm barely 5"4' and I'm the tall one....).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter