Sunday, July 17, 2011

Victorian Days in Mercer, PA

My lecture at the Mercer County Historical Society yesterday went very well. There was a nice turn out. As always, I totally enjoyed talking quilts and quilting for an hour and a half.


Here I am talking about the cover quilt of my book, Orphan Block Quilts. The quilt is called Lavender Green.

After my lecture, the intern, Morgan, kindly helped me pack up and get my stuff out to my car. THEN it was time for some old-fashioned fun. On my way to finding something yummy to eat at the food vendors, I checked out a corner antique shop and then hurried to the quilt shop, The Gallery. I was so pleased to find some great pieces of fabric for my niece, Meghan's graduation quilt (she will graduate in 2012 and has requested a purple and green quilt for college). I even found the perfect brifge fabric that breings all the other colors together! SO after the quilt shop, I enjoyed a philly gyro while listening to live dulcimer music. Next I wandered through the crafter's tents. Finally I started to get a little tired and decided it was time to head home -- there was one last antique shop to stop at and I didn't want to miss it.

I made it to the last antique shop, housed in a charming old mill, and happily found a little gift for one of my BF's as well as a few vintage aprons, a 1930's quilt block, and some 1930's quilt pieces. What a nice end to a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Antique shops and thrift stores are so much fun! I can spend hours in them. I always have to check out the old quilts in them, even tho most of them are very overpriced for the condition they are in. Are you headed to the Chicagoland area anytime?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter