Friday, July 15, 2011

Lecture

Well I'm off to Mercer PA tomorrow. I'm doing a lecture at the historical society during Mercer's annual Victorian Days celebration. I plan to show some of my quilts from my book, Orphan Block Quilts, a few magazine pieces, and even those three recently acquired crazy quilts and tops (you know -- the ones I blogged about last month).

I'm looking froward to it. I had wanted to do something with the Mercer County Historical Society last year, but it just didn't work out, so I'm happy to be working with them this year. In anticipation of my lecture, they've put many of the their own antique quilts on display. I will be there to talk about the collection's quilts as well.

So, if you're in Mercer tomorrow, stop by the historical society, my lecture will be around 1 PM upstairs in the museum.

BTW, Mercer has a nice little quilt shop AND there are several antique shops, too. Hope I have time to visit. OH! No visit to Mercer is complete without going to the Old Fashioned Soda Shop for a flavored coke, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter