Friday, April 22, 2011

Bethel Show Pics

I am finally posting photos from the Bethel Quilt Show from last week end. It was a very nice show with a nice selection of quilts for display. Probably the thing that I saw that surprised me the most was the amount of unfinished tops for display. I didn't ask, but I'm guessing there must have been some unfinished top categories. That seems kind of unusual to me -- I've never been part of a show that had a quilt top category....

The photos are actually of my booth -- as their special guest, I had a nice space just off the show area with lattice for hanging stuff.






The day of the show, it rained very hard all day. Sadly, I think this really affected the number of attendants. It's too bad because it was a very nicely put together show -- the Bethel Homemakers have been putting on this show for many years and their experience is evident.

OH! Did I mention the food? The show was located in a country church and had a great kitchen. I enjoyed a huge slice of strawberry pie for a mid morning snack, a big bowl of homemade potato soup for lunch (my Irish heritage was cheering), and for my afternoon snack -- a piece of pineapple coconut pie. WOW! Food and quilts -- what a perfect combination! There were many husbands that came to the show with their wives -- while the wives looked at the quilts, the husbands congregated at the tables near the kitchen, noshing on good eats.

I am looking forward to another quilt show next week end -- Country Charms Quilt Guild at Cochranton JR/SR High school in Cochranton PA. It's Sat and Sun, 30 April and 1 May. It's a little weird though because I used to belong to this guild (I had to leave the guild because I couldn't attend meetings anymore due to a work conflict) and helped at the show -- this year I will only be an observer and entrant. In addition to the quilts, I am looking forward to the vendors -- this show always has great shopping. The food is done by the Band Boosters and I've got my fingers crossed that they will have their famous "walking tacos." Yum Yum Yum. Oh, the guild also does pies, too. Stay tuned for photos from this show soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter