Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quilt Market Here I Come

Well, it's just past the middle of October and it's time to get ready for International Quilt Market at the end of this month! This will be my very first (and I hope not last) Quilt Market. I go this year to promote my new book, Orphan Block Quilts, which came out the end of August. I will be doing a Schoolhouse lecture on Friday, 29 October and 2 booth demos on Sunday, 31 October.

I've been brainstorming until my brain cells hurt, trying to figure out what to do for my Schoolhouse and my demos. I'm limited when it it comes to bringing stuff along since the flight from PA to TX is kind of long and I don't want my quilts out of my sight on the plane. I think I've finally got an idea. I took a quilt design from my book and I'm going to address common problems and thier soultins when it comes to working with orphan blocks. The problems/solutions will be addressed using the same basic format, too. Sigh....I hope it goes well.

This will only be the second time I've been on an airplane and I can tell you that I'm still kind of nervous about it. I know three hours isn't too long of a flight, but that's three hours that I'm not in control of my own destiny. It's hard to give theat control up, know what I mean? I'm very fortunate that one of my best friends decided to go with me to Houston. We're going to have so much fun and will be so exhausted, too!

I am hoping to make a lot of connections in the quilt world because I'd like to see how far I can go. I would like to do some design work for fabric manufacturers and then perhaps some day maybe fabric design. We'll see. Right now though I am just hoping to present my Schoolhouse without falling down or throwing up on my shoes.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter