Friday, October 21, 2011

Strange Things Happen.....

I'm sitting here shaking my head at how crazy things are again. Just the other day, my Northcott design director told me that they decided to go with my second collection, Cocktails at Eight, instead of my first collection, Louetta's Garden due to the amount of 1930's and 1940's reproduction fabrics already out there. I'm fine with that -- I really love the Cocktails collection -- it's fun, fresh, and funky 1950's! So, okay, time to switch gears. This collection will launch in January 2012 and will be available in late spring/summer in quilt shops. I'm so excited about this -- I haven't been able to sleep for a couple days! Now I need to get the artwork done PRONTO, design some quilts, and then come up with another collection for my second collection. Hmmmmmm.

This week end I'm hoping to do some more fabric dyeing so that I have everything that I need for my upcoming fabric dyeing article in Quilter's World June 2012. Hopefully the weather will hold and will stay dry.

Last week end, I went to a fun indoor flea market and of course there was a quilt waiting there for me -- an ingido and white double irish chain in great condition, pretty much only needing a bath. I'm thinking circa 1915 or so.




I'm also trying to get everything ready (and into a carryon) for next week's Quilt Market in Houston. It's my second time going. My pal, Leslie, is going with me again and we're going to have an amazing time! Check back to read my Quilt Market blog(s) in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter