Monday, September 19, 2011

Cuddle Quilts

If you read my previous blog, you know that I've been hustling to get emergency quilts done for the children. I was fortunate that I had one quilt already finished in my "stash" of finished pieces. So, really I only had to make 1 quilt in 48 hours. Which I did. See the pic, below. I took the quilts to the funeral home with the intention of leaving them for the children, but was lucky enought to ge tto give the quilts to the children personally. I hope those quilts provide something to hold on to in the middle of the night when they're missing their Mom the most.




You'll notice that these quilts aren't "show" quilts but simply cuddle quilts that can be used up.

I'm also happy to report that I shipped my three quilts to Quilter's World magazine today. I really consider that an achievment -- three quilts for one issue -- the April 2012 issue. I hope you check it out.

In the meantime, I have a great baby quilt featured in the Quilter's World October 2011 issue. It's on page 15 -- check it out. Super quick and lots of fun.

One last thought for tonight -- in two days I'm headed to my annual quilt-cation with my three friends Mary Lee, Leslie, and Cathey. We're headed to Chautauqua Institute for the Quilting Around Chautauqua event. The event is actually on Saturday and SUnday, but we start the week end early -- on Wednesday so we can get in some serious quilting. Stop by soon for more about Chautauqua!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to give the quilts to the kids yourself. That will make them more special for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter