Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BACK HOME ONCE AGAIN

Isn't it amazing when you get home from vacation and then begin your life once again that it seems like you never went on vacation at all? I always anticipate that my vacation-feeling will spill over into reality for at least a few days, but I am usually wrong.

Three of my friends and I went to our annual trip to Chautauqua Institute in New York state. We stayed in our usual cottage, called Bee Haven. Every year, we leave a little something behind and this year was no different -- this year we left a one-of-a-kind throw quilt to match the living room sofa with appliqued bees in the corners. Of course, I totally forgot to take a photo of the finished piece, so you'll have to wait until next year.

The reason we always go to Chautauqua the third week end of September is to be part of the annual Quilting Around Chautauqua event. Every year, it seems to get bigger -- there were more than 800 quilts on display from local guilds and somthing like 80 vendors. A totally awesome event -- difinitely one to go to if you ever have the chance. Each year there is a guest speaker -- this year it was Jinny Beyer!

We love Chautauqua so much that we actually leave on Wednesday so that we can have a few days of quilt retreat with friends, sewing machines, lots of Jane Austen movies, and even our laptops before the hustle and bustle of the show, which is actually on Saturday and Sunday.

I hope you enjoy my photos!

I have a thing for pink cottages! The Bell Tower celebrated its 100th birthday this year! The front of the hotel!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter