Thursday, September 16, 2010

More Purses and Chautauqua


Well, I finally finished making the dresden plate half-block purses for myself and three of my friends. I tried to coordinate the fabrics to each person's colors. I got them done just in time too. Next week is our annual trip to the Quilt Week End at Chautauqua Institute in Chautauqua NY. My friends and I rent a cute cottage called "Bee Haven." It's a very homey place. All we need to bring is clothes and food -- everything else is there.

This is our fifth year going to Chautauqua! I can't believe it -- how fast time flies when you ARE having fun. This year will be a little different, though, because this will be my first real show where I am going to promote my book, Orphan Block Quilts.

I have a very dear friend, Cheryl, who has invited me to be part of her vendor space. I am very excited. I've mad a few pin cushions out of little orphan quilt blocks to sell. I also culled some blocks from my collection. AND I made up some doll quilt kits with vintage blocks and reproduction fabrics. All of these things will promote and support my book.

I am planning to split my time between enjoying the show myself and being in my friend's booth -- it's actually a whole room. There is usually a special guest at the show. This year it is Kay Woods. I'm looking forward to meeting her and going to her lecture/trunk show.

I will make sure to take lots of pictures to share, so check back in a week or so....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter