Sunday, October 27, 2013

International Quilt Market

Well, here I am at Quilt Market having a fantastic time.  On Friday, I had a schoolhouse lecture to introduce my new book, A Russian Journey in Quilts.  Although the room wasn't packed, there was a nice comfortable number of attendees who seemed really interested.  A friend of mine kindly recorded my lecture and I watched it later that night.  I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I was and how much energy I showed.  My schoolhouse was actually only 15 minutes and although I ran out of time, I told those attending that they had to get the book to find out the rest of the story.

Yesterday (Saturday) I had a book signing at the Kansas City Star booth.  All of my tickets were gone and more people showed up than there were tickets, but by the end of the signing I had several left over copies because not everyone came to claim their copies.  Apparently there were a lot of signing all around the same time.  Guess they had a better offer.  LOL!

Took some time to visit the antique quilt booths, of course, and marvel over the amazing treasures there.

I also made some great contacts that will hopefully help.

Well,  time to hop in the shower and get started on the day.  Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter