Okay, Okay...... I promised some time ago that I would be giving away a FREE COPY of my new book, A RUSSIAN JOURNEY IN QUILTS. Well, the time has finally come.
Here's what you need to do:
1) Leave a comment on my blog. Please make sure that I can contact you or else I can't notify you if you are the winner.
2) You can get a second chance to win the free book if you become a follower AND leave a second comment telling me that you're a follower.
Here's what you need to know:
3) The winner will be selected randomly.
4) This FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY will run from August 15th until August 30th.
5) If I get a lot of comments and new followers, I may just be inspired to give away a copy of my first book, too -- ORPHAN BLOCK QUILTS. So, share this Giveaway with all your quilting pals!
Now onto other fun stuff!
Recently I've been cleaning -- no, make that organizing -- my studio. Truthfully, I haven't done this since April so I really had stacks and stacks of fabric and supplies to put away. I sorted my fabrics, choppped up the smallish pieces into charms and strips, and even folded the yardage into uniform-sized bundles. Then I put the nicely folded yardage into my storage drawers, which are of course mostly organized by color. I do organize some fabrics by collection, however -- Americana, Halloween, Christmas, and a few places where I put "special" things such as kits or collections.
I even sorted through my batting scraps -- putting the cotton in one bin and the poly in another bin.
The studio is looking better, but there's still too much stuff in my small dungeon space. Sigh.....I guess I'll have to keep working at it. But now I have to get back to actually quilting. I have two projects for an Annie's Crafts book and a baby quilt to quilt for a friend. Of course, I also have several new submission in with a couple of quilt magazines, so we'll see what happens.
To make quilting even more enjoyable, yesterday I treated myself to a new dream sewing machine -- a Janome Horizon 8900. Have you seen this machine yet? It has an 11" throat!!!!! How wonderful that is going to be for my free motion machine quilting. The machine is on layaway right now, but the time will hopefully go fast until I will be ready to bring it home.
In the meantime, don't forget to leave a comment to have a chance to win a copy of my new book, A Russian Journey in Quilts! Good Luck to everyone!!!!