Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Quilt Victims!

Some time ago, I wrote a blog about finding new people to gift with quilts because my family and friends are being buried under my loving gift quilts. Well, recently, I found a few new quilt victims of my own!

Here are the quilts:





The pretty table runner is going to be a house warming gift for a former coworker (and a friend) who is relocating to NC. I probably won't get to see her new home, but I will feel great about her having a quilted table runner for her dining room table (or wherever she chooses to display it). This runner is a modified version of a This and That pattern and uses a pack of charm squares with a coordinating fat quarter. One thing I really enjoyed about making this runner was that it wasn't time-consuming nor was it difficult. AND I used fabrics that I already had in my stash. It was deifintely a win-win situation. OH! And Tracye's going to love it!

The Dr. Seuss quilt, although it looks like a table runner, is actually sized to fit above an interior window at the library where I work. This is my second originally designed piece using the Dr. Seuss fabric for the library. I'm also working on a few wall organizers for the office, too. They will bring so much color to the otherwise boring white walls.I'll post pictures of the organizers when they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. If you're not a blog follower, I hope you will be!

Quilt On,

Tricia Lynn Maloney,
The Orphan Quilter